CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
120g butter or brick margarine
125ml (½ cup) Huletts White Sugar
125ml (½ cup) Huletts SunSweet Brown Sugar
3ml (½ teaspoon) vanilla essence
435ml (1¾ cup) self-raising flour
3ml (½ teaspoon) salt
125g chocolate chips
60g walnut pieces, chopped
- Cream the butter/margarine, sugars and vanilla essence together.
- Gradually add the lightly beaten egg. Mix in sifted flour and salt.
- Add chocolate chips and chopped walnuts, and mix well.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of mixture into small balls, and place on a lightly greased oven tray, allowing room for spreading. Push a few extra choc chips into each cookie if desired.
- Bake in moderate oven (180ºC) for 10 - 12 minutes.
Makes about 45.